Time: 12:15-13:30 Hours
Where: Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok Hotel
Speaker: Khun Sorajak Kasemsuwan
Organization: Council Member and Secretary-General of Asia Peace and Reconciliation Council (APRC)
Topic: Thai Education for the Thailand 4.0
Dr. Sorajak Kasemsuvan
Date of Birth: 4 February 1955
1987 : Ph.D. in International Law (The Law of the Sea) London School of Economics, University of London, UK
1981 : LL.M., University College, London, University of London, UK
1979 : B.Sc.(Econ) (Hon.)(Politics and Law) University College of Wales, Aberystwyth, UK
1973 : Recipient of Thai Government Scholarship to study in UK
Work, Positions and Experiences
– Council Member and Secretary-General of Asian Peace and Reconciliation Council (APRC)
– Member of the Board of Directors, China – Southeast Asia Research Center (CSARC)
– Vice-Chairman of the Council of Rajmangkala University of Technology, Isan (RMUTI)
– Chairman of the Board of Directors, Tune Protect Insurance (Public) Company Ltd
– Chairman of the Board of Directors, Bangkok Aviation Center (Public) Company Ltd.
– Visiting Lecturer in international Air and Space Law, Faculty of Law, Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok 2012-2014 – President of Thai Airways International Public Co., Ltd.
– Chairman of the Board of Directors, MCOT (Public) Co., Ltd.
– Director, IGLP program, LDRC, Faculty of Law, Chulalongkorn University
– Executive Director, Motion Picture Association (Thailand)
– Advisor to President of Siam University and Chairperson of MA in Peace Studies and Diplomacy, an international program at Siam University
– Secretary-General, the National Federation of Thai Film Associations
2010 – August 2011 – Advisor to Deputy Minister of Education
2009 – President, Stamford International University, Bangkok
2007-2009 – Executive Director, International Institute for Trade and Development (ITD)
2003 – 2006 – Vice Minister for Foreign Affairs, Vice Minister for the Prime Minister’s Office, and Vice Minister for Culture
1999-2002 – Director-General, Mass Communication Organization of Thailand (MCOT)
1999 – Dean, Faculty of Law, Assumption University, Bangkok – Advisor to the Minister of Education.
1996 – 1999 – Vice President, Institute for Social and Economic Policy (ISEP)
1995 – 1996 – Managing Director, Media Plus, Public Company – Advisor to Prime Minister
1992- 1996 – Lecturer, Faculty of Law, Chulalongkorn University
1987 -1992 – Official, Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Visiting Lecturer in Public International Law, International Air Law and Aviation Law, Law of the Sea, Space and Telecommunication Law, Media Law, International Trade and Economic Law, International Law for Natural Resources at
Faculty of Law, Chulalongkorn University
Faculty of Law, Assumption University
Faculty of Law, Mae Fah Luang University
Faculty of Law, Siam University
Faculty of Mass Communication, Thammasat University
Former Chairman of the Board of Directors, Thailand Privilege Card, Co, Ltd.
Former Chairman of the Board of Directors, Traffic Corner Public Co., Ltd.
Former member of Board of Directors, Zeamico Securities, Public Co., Ltd.